Re: Design Tools

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer(at)nic(dot)fr>
To: Philip Hallstrom <philip(at)adhesivemedia(dot)com>
Cc: Bill <bhalpin(at)collaborativefusion(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Design Tools
Date: 2002-10-02 08:32:15
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 02:03:00PM -0700,
Philip Hallstrom <philip(at)adhesivemedia(dot)com> wrote
a message of 58 lines which said:

> I don't think it will generate SQL scripts,

Many third-party tools exist to do so for Dia. I find none of them
really usable (or properly documented) but it is a personal feeling.

> but you might look at Dia

It works but it is quite limited. For instance, labelling of arcs is
automatically placed (and in the bad place) and you cannot change it
afterwards.

In summary: Dia is better than nothing but I keep using xfig.