Do we want a CVS branch now?

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Do we want a CVS branch now?
Date: 2002-09-29 05:43:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

[ I am starting to change subject headings to make things easier for
people.]

I don't think we want a branch for 7.4 yet. We still have lots of open
issues and the branch will require double-patching.

Marc, I know we said branch after beta2 but I think we need another week
or two before we can start using that branch effectively. Even if we
started using it, like adding PITR, the code would drift so much that
the double-patching would start to fail when applied.

Can the branch be undone, or can we not use it and just apply a
mega-patch later to make it match HEAD?

Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us