Bug #789: Transaction Archival Logging -- Hot Backups

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #789: Transaction Archival Logging -- Hot Backups
Date: 2002-09-29 04:37:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Jon Watte (postgres(dot)org(dot)nospam(at)mindcontrol(dot)org) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
Transaction Archival Logging -- Hot Backups

Long Description
I see no mention of transaction archival logging in the documentation.

This means that, even though you support correct transaction rollback semantics, to back up the database in a consistent manner, I have to take it offline and backup all the files.

Either I'm missing something (and I did a documentation, FAQ and Todo search) or it's not currently possibly to actually put Postgres into a 24/7 production environment?

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report