Re: check source of trigger

From: "Rajesh Kumar Mallah(dot)" <mallah(at)trade-india(dot)com>
To: "wit" <microx(at)hotpop(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: check source of trigger
Date: 2002-09-26 18:13:16
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

In case you doing all this to replicate tables
conside contrib/dbmirror it does it fairly elegantly.

regds
mallah.

On Friday 20 September 2002 13:55, wit wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question about trigger. I have tables with the following
> structure:
>
> create table A (
> e_codeA char(5) default '' not null,
> n_codeA varchar(20) default '' not null,
> constraint A_pkey primary key ( e_codeA )
> );
>
> create table B (
> e_codeB char(5) default '' not null,
> e_codeA char(5) default '' not null
> constraint e_codeA_ref references A( e_codeA )
> on delete cascade on update cascade,
> n_codeB varchar(20) default '' not null,
> constraint B_pkey primary key ( e_tranB, e_codeA )
> );
>
> I have trigger and procedure on table B to capture any change and insert
> into table logB:
> create trigger trigger_b before insert or update or delete on B for
> each row execute procedure log_change();
>
> When I update e_codeA in table A, the constrain trigger will update e_codeA
> in B. My trigger, trigger_b, also was trigged and procedure will record
> change into table logB too.
> How to write a code in my db procedure to check whether the procedure was
> called by normal SQL or was called by cascade trigger.
>
> Regards,
> wit

Rajesh Kumar Mallah,
Project Manager (Development)
Infocom Network Limited, New Delhi
phone: +91(11)6152172 (221) (L) ,9811255597 (M)

Visit http://www.trade-india.com ,
India's Leading B2B eMarketplace.