Re: SSL documentation

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Bear Giles <bgiles(at)coyotesong(dot)com>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SSL documentation
Date: 2002-09-23 01:26:32
Lists: pgsql-docs

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> We still need some documentation of the new SSL features you added.

I am attaching Bear's SSL doc email and a comment on it that has been
sitting in my mailbox since Bear first submitted the code. I don't know
much about SSL do I didn't feel comfortable adding it to the SGML docs.

Also, keep in mind there are some of Bear's features we didn't add, and
there were some scripts in /interfaces/ssl (still in CVS but deleted)
the is referenced in his docs.

Basically, SSL thing is very unclear to me and looks like a big mess. I
don't know if that is because I don't understand it, or if it is really
a mess that some of his stuff is in, some isn't. To me it seems his
scripts tied into use the new SSL features, but no one has been able to
comment on that.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

Attachment Content-Type Size