Re: PGXLOG variable worthwhile?

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Subject: Re: PGXLOG variable worthwhile?
Date: 2002-09-19 20:27:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Robert Treat wrote:
> It seems all of this discussion misses the point. Either it has a large
> amount of impact and the idea gets rejected because of implementation
> issues, or it has little impact but it's nothing the core group wants to
> implement. If the problem is finding someone to implement it, it sounds
> like Justin has found such a person, so are we going to stand in his way
> while we wax poetic about OS religion and corporate philosophies or can
> he start submitting patches?

Well, I have Win32 patches here I am reviewing. I think I can say that
the changes are minimal and probably will be accepted for addition into
7.4. I am actually surprised at how little is required.

Right now, 7.4 is targeted with point-in-time recovery and Win32. And,
in fact, both patches are almost ready for inclusion into CVS, so we
may find that 7.4 has a very short release cycle.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us