Query having issues...

From: Chris Bowlby <excalibur(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Query having issues...
Date: 2002-09-13 13:25:15
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Hi All,

I've got a PostgreSQL 7.2.1 server running on FreeBSD 4.7 PRERELEASE,
with loads of memory and disk space, but I keep getting an error with this
query and I can not, for the life of me, figure out what is causing it:

SELECT co.first_name, co.last_name, co.email_address,
a.password, c.company_number
FROM contact co, domain d
LEFT JOIN account_info a ON (co.contact_id = a.contact_id)
LEFT JOIN company c ON (co.company_id = c.company_id)
WHERE d.domain_id = '666'
AND d.company_id = co.company_id;

I keep getting this error:

Relation "co" does not exist.

But if I strip the query down to this:

SELECT co.first_name, co.last_name, co.email_address
FROM contact co, domain d
WHERE d.domain_id = '666'
AND d.company_id = co.company_id;

It works with out a hitch, so I think I'm right in saying that the left
joins are throwing it off somehow. The funny part is that I've been
working with queries exactly like this first one with other areas of my
database and they do not complain...

any one got any ideas? Ran into this before? As far as I can tell that
first query is right..

Chris Bowlby,
Manager of Information and Technology.
excalibur(at)hub(dot)org