Re: import msaccess stuff into pgccess-standalone desktop

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: lee johnson <lee(at)imyourhandiman(dot)com>, pgsql-odbc <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: import msaccess stuff into pgccess-standalone desktop
Date: 2002-09-10 21:50:04
Lists: pgsql-odbc

--- lee johnson <lee(at)imyourhandiman(dot)com> wrote:
> sorry let me refine this situation some..i'm using
> msaccess for my
> companies invoicing needs and looking for a best way
> scenario to start
> doing this in linux..> ?..anyway thats why I
mentioned pgaccess as it has a
> 'interface' to
> postgres so I can start setting up a UI similar to
> what I had in
> msaccess to start the ball rolling at least...

You can still use MS Access as a front end to
PostgreSQL. Just migrate the tables in one of the
ways suggested, then just delete all of your Access
tables and link to the tables in the PostgreSQL
database (you may want to test this with a copy of
your .mdb file first :-) ).

Yahoo! - We Remember
http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute