Thread Safety of ODBC Driver

From: "Jason Koeninger" <jkoenin(at)jjcc(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Thread Safety of ODBC Driver
Date: 2002-09-06 02:39:15
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I was surprised to find a message in the archive indicating that the
PostgreSQL ODBC driver was not thread safe. After running through
the source, I was able to confirm that the driver indeed isn't thread
safe.

Anyway, I'm curious if anyone is working on making the driver thread safe.
I noticed that some work has been done on the driver provided with
unixODBC (localtime and localtime_r ifdefs), but it still misses a few things I
found on a quick read through the source. I have a threaded application
running on FreeBSD with iODBC that I need to get working, and I'd rather
not duplicate effort if someone already has patches for the driver.

Thanks,

Jason Koeninger
J&J Computer Consulting
http://www.jjcc.com