Re: HISTORY updated, 7.3 branded

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)atentus(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: HISTORY updated, 7.3 branded
Date: 2002-09-04 16:59:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Shridhar Daithankar dijo:
>
> > On 4 Sep 2002 at 3:24, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > OK, the HISTORY file is updated, and 7.3 is branded and ready for beta1.
> >
> > Some minor stuff,
>
> In the schema changes description:
>
> "Schemas allow users to create objects in their own namespace
> so two people can have the same table with the same name."
>
> Shouldn't it read "so two people can have tables with the same name" ?
> My point is that the tables are not the same, they just have the same
> name.

Good point. Updated:

Schemas allow users to create objects in their own namespace
so two people can have tables with the same name. There is
also a public schema for shared tables. Table/index creation
can be restricted by removing permissions on the public schema.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us