Looking for web frontend, admin *and* user oriented

From: Chema <chema(at)zarco(dot)cjb(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Looking for web frontend, admin *and* user oriented
Date: 2002-09-02 21:06:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi.

I'm perling a web frontend, trying to make it as automated as posible: the idea is that I'll only need to dictate the db logic, and the program does the rest.

Right now, the script permits db browsing, ordering, filtering, sorting and editing in a single table fashion: it let's you choose an output format (i.e. html table, simple text table...), generates input fields depending of the column type (by default "text" of proper size for type char, varchar, int..., "textarea" for type text, "radios" for boolean..., but you can customize them, creating menus with fixed values, or using the result of SQL query, or anything that perl can do).

So I have a decent table I/O, plus basic operations (drop, rename table, and the so...). But now I need to get past the big frontend barrier: the relational db support. Currently I use virtual tables with propper insert rules, which works ok but still takes some time to code, and should be no 'that' hard to automate :)

But before I go far, I want to see what wheels are already rolling, so I could mount an already relational one (FutureSQL and especially Gedafe atracted my attention, but they not satisfied completely my desires), get some axis (like using pgadmin2 for relational db design, DBIx::Browse for edition), or at least get some, err, inspiration ;-)

If you could recommend any good frontends or modules that could help, it'll be precciated. Even (and don't get upset, please :) mysql ones would be of interest.

Thanks in advance.
--
My philosophy is: Don't think.
-- Charles Manson