RFC822 Checker

From: Matthew Price <pricem(at)juno(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RFC822 Checker
Date: 2002-08-30 14:07:28
Lists: pgsql-sql

Howdy,

Does anyone know of an SQL function that will check a string for compliance with the RFC822 mail address spec? I have a script that sends mail from a db (no, I am not a spammer) but I often have mails sitting in my queue because the MTA (correctly) refuses to process some of the bogus things that users enter by mistake.

Thanks,
Matthew

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.