Re: indisclustered and clusterdb

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)atentus(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: indisclustered and clusterdb
Date: 2002-08-27 03:55:43
Lists: pgsql-patches

Patch applied. Thanks.

I made changes to the Makefile and the SGML build system to handle your
new files. I will see how the SGML build does and we can adjust it. I
will add the PGPASSWORDFILE mention to vacuumdb and pg_dumpall.

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I attach a little patch to make CLUSTER set and reset the indisclustered
> bit on the indexes.
>
> I also attach clusterdb and clusterdb.sgml; both of them are blatant
> rips of vacuumdb and vacuumdb.sgml, but get the job done. Please review
> them, as I'm probably making a lot of mistakes with SGML and I can't
> compile it here.
>
> vacuumdb itself is not very comfortable to use when the databases have
> passwords, because it has to connect once for each table (I can probably
> make it connect only once for each database; should I?). Because of
> this I added a mention of PGPASSWORDFILE in the documentation, but I
> don't know if that is the correct place for that.
>
> If no objections to the indisclustered thing, please apply it.
>
> --
> Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]atentus.com>)
> "No deja de ser humillante para una persona de ingenio saber
> que no hay tonto que no le pueda ense?ar algo." (Jean B. Say)

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us