Re: interface choices

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Warren Massengill" <warrenmassengill(at)hotmail(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: interface choices
Date: 2002-08-27 01:45:11
Lists: pgsql-novice

Warren,

> My first installation of PostgreSQL from source. I can design the db.
>
> The objective is a bill paying service hosted by hub.org.
>
> The options for customer interface to access the database are overwhelming.
> Can someone suggest a simple way to develop input and access forms for this
> project?

What programming languages do you know? What do you want to learn?

Your "easiest" options are probably PHP and Zope. Really depends on whether
you prefer Production HTML + simple scripting to DTML plus Python. Both
platforms are fast-development, and have online communities with hundreds of
downloadable samples to do typical web stuff.

Of course, it's easier (right now, anyway) to find hosting for a PHP website
than a Zope web site.

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions