Re: Controling Rule's Firing Order

From: <cnliou(at)eurosport(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Controling Rule's Firing Order
Date: 2002-08-26 00:33:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you! Alvaro and Stephan,

> The name of a foreign key trigger is a constant
> beginning followed by an oid.

Now I think I have found that FK trigger names look
like this:

RI_ConstraintTrigger_<OID>

> but you should be able to make triggers run
> before/after the foreign key trigger by picking
> names before/after the constant part of the
> fk trigger name.

Yes, this is the way for me to go. The last missing
better-have feature is the firing order among FK
triggers for master and detail tables:

- When the primary key of master record is to be
updated, the primary key of this master record is
updated before those of its child records.

- When the master record is to be deleted, its detail
records are first deleted.

Best Regards,

CN

You too can have your own email address from Eurosport.
http://www.eurosport.com