Re: My head is spinning

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: My head is spinning
Date: 2002-08-23 03:32:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thursday 22 August 2002 11:07 pm, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Lamar Owen wrote:
> > Weekly News. When/if it does, *SHA-ZAM*. I'd personally like the news
> > item to read 'PostgreSQL developers release security update' rather than
> > 'Security hole found in PostgreSQL'.

> You bring up a good point. We don't want to appear reactive on this, we
> want to be proactive. The CVS is all ready for release, so there isn't
> anything holding us up except our quality control.

Well, it _has_ been placed on LWN under the moniker 'Multiple buffer overflows
in PostgreSQL'. Not good, as everyone who claims to be a security expert
*knows* that all buffer overflows are the bane of a secure system.... It
isn't a headline item, though -- which is why it took me a minute to find it.

But even LWN isn't slashdot. It would be nice if we've dodged that bullet.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio