Re: FW: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL and MySQL in ZDNet

From: "Ted Striker" <tedstriker(at)graffiti(dot)net>
To: "Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder" <avbidder(at)fortytwo(dot)ch>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: FW: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL and MySQL in ZDNet
Date: 2002-08-20 18:08:55
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

It would be nice to see some kind of explanation or rebuttal into
why Sourceforge is going to DB2. Well in my mind, when thinking
of the big databases, DB2 seems to be the biggest of them all, but I thought Postgres was more than capable of handling a site like Sourceforge.

My guess is that they are looking for some kind of distributed solution.
And IBM seems to be the number 1 backer of open source projects so
it seems like a good match, they might be donating their services to
the project.

http://nscpcw.physics.upenn.edu/db2_docs/db2e0/db2e003.htm