Re: Unexpected EOF on client connection

From: Matthias Brunner <mb(at)blumenstrasse(dot)vol(dot)at>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unexpected EOF on client connection
Date: 2002-08-14 19:29:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Wednesday 14 August 2002 17:58, Barry Lind wrote:
> Matthias,
>
> I am not aware of any bug like this. This problem used to exist in the
> 7.0 drivers but was fixed a long time ago. I certainly don't see this
> in my applications. Are you sure you are calling Connection.close()?
> If you don't close the connection properly then you will see this
> message. If you can reproduce please send a test case to the mail list
> and we will look at the problem.

Really strange. I tried it again (as I remember without changing anything in
the code) and couldn't reproduce it. Probably I'm just a dumbass. Sorry for
bothering you and thanks for both your rapid answers.

BTW: Shouldn't Connection.close() be called from Connection.finalize() if the
connection is still open? The mysql JDBC driver does this.

Cheers!
--
Matthias Brunner <mb(at)blumenstrasse(dot)vol(dot)at>
PGP FP 7862 32B3 3B75 292A F76F 5042 8587 21AB 5B89 D501