Re: Migrating mdw'ed MSAccess Database

From: "Anung B(dot) Ariwibowo" <barliant(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, barliant(at)duabelas(dot)net, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Migrating mdw'ed MSAccess Database
Date: 2002-08-13 04:07:05
Lists: pgadmin-support

--- Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk> wrote:

> [...]

converting first to Access97? When I first time tried to migrate one of
my Access2000, PgAdmin didn't successfully migrate it. So I usually
convert it to Access97.

> No, you normally don't. Unfortunately I know very little about Access
> security, but could this problem be caused by pgAdmin not using the
> correct MDW file (this an item on my ToDo list)?
>
> To work round it for now, can you remove all security from your copy
> of
> the database just whilst you migrate it?

Well, you know that sometimes when you asking question to someone then
the answer comes to our mind? It happened to me now. I figured out that
the database I tried to migrate has AutoExec macro which run
automatically a form. I drop the AutoExec, and successfully migrate it
to PostgreSQL.

However, I have two Access DB which has this AutoExec stuff, and I
still have a problem with the other one. At this point I confused. I
took the same step with the previous one but it still can't be migrated
to PostgreSQL.

> Regards, Dave.

Thank you anyway.
--