prepareable statements

From: nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org (Neil Conway)
To: PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: prepareable statements
Date: 2002-07-31 21:18:16
Lists: pgsql-patches

I've attached an updated version of the prepareable statements patch. It
is very similar to the latest patch I posted on -hackers -- the only new
changes are a few comment fixes, an unrelated typo fix, and re-sync
with latest CVS. I'm not aware of any outstanding issues with the patch,
so if you'd like me to change something, let me know.

The current syntax is:

PREPARE q1(a,b,c) AS ...;

EXECUTE q1(1,2,3);

DEALLOCATE q1;

Peter objected to the EXECUTE syntax, whereas Rod Taylor said it was
good. Not really sure which way to go...

Cheers,

Neil

--
Neil Conway <neilconway(at)rogers(dot)com>
PGP Key ID: DB3C29FC

Attachment Content-Type Size
new_qcache-15.patch text/plain 44.8 KB