Re: Multi-byte character bug

From: Tatsuo Ishii <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: richso(at)i-cable(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Multi-byte character bug
Date: 2002-07-29 13:35:15
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> Two bugs has been found in the SQL parser and Multibyte char support:
>
> 1. “Problem connecting to database: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:
> Invalid EUC_TW character sequence found (0xb27a)” was reported in using
> JDBC driver to insert record, similar error reported when using ODBC
> driver and psql, since auto-conversion from client to server should
> convert the charcter to a valid EUC_TW char, therefore this is a bug

How did you set the auto-conversion settings for psql? I suspect you
did something wrong with it.

> 2. inserting record with “餐” chinese char, the SQL parser
> report something like ‘Problem connecting to database:
> java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "4567891"’
> (similar in jdbc and odbc), and the error “unterminated string” has
> been reported when using psql.
>
> I’ve found the problem exists since 7.1.x till 7.2.*.

What is the encoding for "chinese char"? You need to give us more
info.
--
Tatsuo Ishii

P.S. Please don't post with non-ascii chars. If you need to show
non-ascii chars, you should give them in a hex form.