Execution plan caching

From: Oliver Kohll <oliver(at)gtwebmarque(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Execution plan caching
Date: 2002-07-27 01:51:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
Does anyone know whether postgres caches its execution plans,
http://www.saturn5.com/~jwb/dbi-performance.html#stage2 ?

Hope so because I've just changed all of the queries in my code to use DBI's
bind_param. If not, will be useful if we ever port to Oracle anyway ;-)

If so, is the cache per db connection or does it remain across disconnects and
connects, i.e. will I have to use mod_perl to get the most advantage?

--
Regards,
Oliver