OS File Size > 1GB

From: Chris Ruprecht <chrup(at)earthlink(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: OS File Size > 1GB
Date: 2002-07-25 16:50:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

The default size of a Postgres file seems to be 1 GB. I know, I can increase
that by modifying <can't remember what it was I did here - that parameter
which gives you the file size, once you divide it by the blocksize>
My question is: is it safe to do so?
My motivation: I symlink the files across different drives but when postgres
decided to create a new file (.1, .2, .3 ...) they are created in the
data/base/nnnn directory and not where all his little brothers and sisters
live and where they SHOULD be.

Best regards,
Chris