Problem between inheritance and references

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer(at)nic(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem between inheritance and references
Date: 2002-07-23 10:27:03
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm just beginning with inheritance and I have problems using
REFERENCES integrity constraints to an inherited table. The schema is
attached. When I try the second INSERT, I get:

psql:./auth.sql:22: ERROR: <unnamed> referential integrity violation - key referenced from users not found in authentication

But the key does exist:

auth=# select * from Authentication;
id
----