Re: Editor for pgsql

From: James Orr <james(at)lrgmail(dot)com>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-sql <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Editor for pgsql
Date: 2002-07-22 20:09:21
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-sql

On Monday 22 July 2002 12:27 pm, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Me, I use Kate, an MDI text editor from the KDE crew, and CVS for
> version control. Thanks, KDE guys! But, after 3 years of Postgres,
> I'm pretty fluent in PL/pgSQL. I even double-quote without thinking
> about it.

How do you use CVS on your database? I recently started doing this, and i'm
wondering how other people handle it.

Basically I create a sql folder with three sub-folders tables, views and
functions. I have a file for each table in tables, each view in views and for
each trigger and/or function in functions.

For the actual editing? I'm a vi fan myself :). If i'm using the graphical
vim I can even do CVS operations with a custom menu.

- James