Re: Future of src/utils

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Future of src/utils
Date: 2002-07-16 05:42:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > However, over time, this distinction has broken down and we have a
> > number of backend/port stuff used in other binaries. I propose moving
> > the src/utils remaining items into src/backend/port, and removing the
> > src/utils directory.
>
> I propose the reverse operation.

The following patch moves dllinit.c and strdup.c into backend/port, and
removes the src/utils directory, for the time being. It also cleans up
dllinit so it has its own variable to point to the file path rather than
having it hard-coded in all the makefiles.

When we decide to move everything to src/utils, it will be all ready.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/plain 6.0 KB