Bug #708: PgTransaction class is broken since 7.2

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #708: PgTransaction class is broken since 7.2
Date: 2002-07-11 09:43:26
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Piotr Klaban (makler(at)man(dot)torun(dot)pl) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
PgTransaction class is broken since 7.2

Long Description
Hi,

You have introduced the patch
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/105/2001/2/0/5248369/
that broke my pg2xbase C++ utility, because
I can not COMMIT the transaction. Before the patch
it works exactly as it is described in the pgtransdb.h file:

// This is the database access class that keeps an open
// transaction block during its lifetime. The block is ENDed when
// the object is destroyed.

But it is not true now. There is a private variable called
pgCommitted that is set to false in protected method BeginTransaction()
When I delete PgTransaction object - transaction is ABORTed.
I can not use EndTransaction() protected method in my C++ file
(gcc 3.0.3 complains).

Maybe both methods should be public.
Now I use PgDatabase object with two query calls BEGIN ... END
it is safer.

Best regards.

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report