Re: error during vacuum full

From: Mario Weilguni <mweilguni(at)sime(dot)com>
To: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: error during vacuum full
Date: 2002-07-10 06:28:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Am Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2002 06:50 schrieb Barry Lind:
> Tom,
>
> No. Restarting the postmaster does not resolve the problem. I am going
> to put the debug build in place and see if I can still reproduce.

I've this problem on different machines too (on a daily basis), and restarting the database has never helped. There are for sure no open transactions when this happens, and the only way out is to regenerate all tuples:
update tablename set colname=colname; (take whatever column you like). I guess it's because I've a cron job which is running every minute or so and checks some conditions, and I guess it is called while vacuum full is running too.

Best regards,
Mario Weilguni