Re: [pgsql-general] DB GUI Design tool

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-general] DB GUI Design tool
Date: 2002-07-10 12:25:35
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 05:30:03PM +0900, Curt Sampson wrote:

> So after about half an hour of playing, I abandoned it. Unfortunately,
> I still have a need for some sort of graphical tool so I can make
> pretty pictures for clients, but I've got a good budget for it, so I'd
> be interested in any other recommendations. But I found this one hard
> enough to use that in the end my "tool" may be paying a drone to keep a
> Visio diagram up-to-date based on changes to my text files.

Rod Taylor had a nice postgresql_autodoc.pl script at
http://www.zort.ca/postgresql. It connects to an existing database
and generates dia files. You have to place the tables where you'd
like on the diagram, so you still need a drone, but it's pretty good.

----
Andrew Sullivan 87 Mowat Avenue
Liberty RMS Toronto, Ontario Canada
<andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info> M6K 3E3