TkSql and pg_group...

From: Sandro Dentella <sandro(dot)dentella(at)tin(dot)it>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: TkSql and pg_group...
Date: 2002-07-07 00:56:57
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I noticed only today that postgreSQL 7.2 changed the structure of certain
tables like pg_group, that now are no loger editable by my tksql. The reason
is that if TkSql cannot find any of:
1. primary key
2. unique not null
3. oid
switches to read-only mode.

pg_group has only unique key and no oid so that for example you can enter
several times a line like:
insert into pg_group (grolist) values ('{27}');

This is very strange to me, and I'd like to understand it better, moreover
I'd like to understand how should an editor cope with this case: I'd like
to make tksql able to edit these tables too, but I see no way to act on a
record in a unique way.

Thanks in advance
sandro
*:-)

--
Sandro Dentella *:-)
e-mail: sandro(dot)dentella(at)tin(dot)it