ODBC driver

From: Annissa Melhenas <melhenas(at)cogenit(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC driver
Date: 2002-07-03 15:28:00
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi all,
I installed openldap, postgres, and I wanted to link the two of them. So I re-confiured both using the with-odbc option. then, I installed the ODBC package, firs the source, then as some things went wrong, i thought I had done something wrong with installation, so I re-installed everything, with RPMs.
filled my odbc.ini file :

;
; odbc.ini
;
[ODBC Data Sources]
test=template1

[test]
Driver=/usr/lib/libpsqlodbc.so
Description=Sample PostgreSQL DSN
DSN=template1
Servername=192.168.4.20
username=postgresql
password=secret
Database=PostgreSQL
Readonly=No
;Servertype=postgres
Port=5432
FetchBufferSize=99
;ServerOptions=
;ConnectOptions=
;Options=
;Readonly=no
;Trace=1

[Default]
Driver=/usr/lib/libpsqlodbc.so

[ODBC]
InstallDir= /usr/lib/libiodbc.so

and I checked the libpsqlodbc.so and libiodbc.so existed, and were in the good path.
When I first launched an ldconfig after my installation, I had a error message
saying there one of the libpsqlodbc lib, libpsqlodbc.so.0 (I had three :
libpsqlodbc.so, libpsqlodbc.so.0, and libpsqlodbc.so.0.27), was not a symbolic
link. so, I turned libpsqlodbc.so and ibpsqlodbc.so.0 into symbolic links to now point to libpsqlodbc.so.0.27.

After all that, I launched an odbctest, but, when I do that, I have no DSN available in the array, though I added one in the odbc.ini..

Is there something I forgot to do?

Thanks for your help,

--
Annissa,