Vacuum Daemon

From: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Vacuum Daemon
Date: 2002-06-29 20:50:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

From the ToDo list:
Vacuum: * Provide automatic running of vacuum in the background (Tom)

As of 7.2 we have lazy vacuum. The next logical step is setting up vacuum to
run automatically in the background either as some type of daemon or as
something kicked off by the postmaster.

I am interested in working on this to do item, although I see it is assigned
to Tom right now.

First: is this something we still want (I assume it is since its in the
todo.).

Second: There was some discussion
(http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2002-05/msg00970.php) about
this not being neede once UNDO is on place, what is the current view on this?

Matthew