Re: Are these groups "unauthorized"?

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Guido Ostkamp <Guido(dot)Ostkamp(at)gmx(dot)de>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Are these groups "unauthorized"?
Date: 2002-06-29 17:49:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Lamar Owen wrote:

> On Friday 28 June 2002 10:46 am, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Guido Ostkamp <Guido(dot)Ostkamp(at)gmx(dot)de> writes:
> > > I am sure, a lot of people would be happy, if those groups were
> > > officially introduced and hosted on many international newservers.
>
> > Yup. Are you volunteering to be the proponent who shepherds a vote
> > through the official process?
>
> Maybe more like 'martyr' who shepherds a vote through. I remember going
> through a few votes years ago, and the memories are not fond ones.

That's why I never bothered ... I've been admin'ng Usenet for enough years
now to know that if you create them and propogate them to your neighbors,
they will eventually get propogaated out and created ... there are a few
admin out there that are anal about creating 'unauthorized' groups, but
most out there just let them pass ...

That said, if anyone wants to provide an open NNTP server for the
c.d.postgresql.* hierarchy, please let me know and we'll add ou on ...