Dia --> SQL (tedia2sql 0.58 Released

From: Tim Ellis <Tim(dot)Ellis(at)gamet(dot)com>
To: dia-list(at)gnome(dot)org, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Dia --> SQL (tedia2sql 0.58 Released
Date: 2002-06-28 00:20:39
Lists: pgsql-admin

I released two days ago a script I, in poor judgement, called "dia2sql"
which is a replacement for dia2sql.

I've renamed it to "tedia2sql" meaning Tim Ellis' dia2sql script. The
current version is 0.58.

Changelog includes: Sybase support, Postgres support, column formatting,
bug fix for Associations-->Foreign Key, four-file table/constraint
drop/add output option.

I've tested this script on a ~30-table schema with ~35 associations
(foreign-key constraints) and it basically does the Right Thing.

As previously mentioned, this script uses Associations for foreign key
references as opposed to the "column named fk_*" method of the original
dia2sql. This should make those of you used to ER/Win or Dezign or CASE
Studio a little happier.

TODO includes automatic index creation via Class operations and cleaning
up the documentation. This latter will be a higher priority for me if
someone tries to use it, has problems, and emails me.

Temporary homepage on a 128k DSL connection:

http://faemalia.net/tedia2sql

Enjoy,
--
Tim Ellis