libpgtcl and secured connection

From: Sandro Dentella <sandro(dot)dentella(at)tin(dot)it>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: libpgtcl and secured connection
Date: 2002-06-26 23:26:49
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I'd like to know if it is possible to create a secure connection to a remote
db using libpgtcl. Of course I could use ssh to create a tunnel,but that
wuoldn't be portable to windows (I think). I see there is an extension
called tls, but reading the info I couldn't understand if it can help.

Can somebody suggest which would be the better solution? (mainly, I don't
want password and data pass by in unencripted form).

Thanks in advance.

sandro
*:-)

--
Sandro Dentella *:-)
e-mail: sandro(dot)dentella(at)tin(dot)it