"Field is too small"

From: Webb Sprague <wsprague100(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: "Field is too small"
Date: 2002-06-25 23:50:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-odbc

I am getting a "field is too small" error in an Access
DB running over ODBC. The field in question is
varchar(32).

Here is the weird thing: I am inserting into a table
with a rule that sends the result to a different
table. However, when I insert into the table without
a rule, it works fine. It also works fine both ways
from psql and isql at the command line (why oh why am
I messing around with stupid Microsoft products?!)

This is also NOT a problem with booleans--neither of
the fields are boolean.

Let me know how I might be able to help. I have logs
from my local machine and I could get logs from the
server.

Should I just use Triggers...

Thanks