Re: Reduce heap tuple header size

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Manfred Koizar <mkoi-pg(at)aon(dot)at>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reduce heap tuple header size
Date: 2002-06-20 21:36:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Are you planning to ignore my objections to it?
>
> > The author replied addressing your objections and I saw no reply from on
> > on that.
>
> He replied stating his opinion; my opinion didn't change. I was waiting
> for some other people to weigh in with their opinions. As far as I've
> seen, no one else has commented at all.
>
> If I get voted down on the point after suitable discussion, so be it.
> But I will strongly object to you applying the patch just because it's

Well, we have three votes, yours, the author, and mine. That's a vote.

If you want to make a pitch for more votes, go ahead. I can wait.

The thread went on for quite a while and no one else gave an opinion, as
I remember, though there may have been a few positive ones for the patch
that I forgot about.

I don't care if you object, strongly object, or jump up and down; you
have one vote. Please stop the posturing.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us