Bug #694: can't store {digits} using JDBC

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #694: can't store {digits} using JDBC
Date: 2002-06-20 18:16:06
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dan Brown (dbrown(at)pingtel(dot)com) reports a bug with a severity of 2

Short Description
can't store {digits} using JDBC

Long Description
We are using the JDBC driver, and are losing partial data. Whenever we try to store {digits} (note: exactly as shown with the curly brackets) we are finding that postgres is storing it as " igits ". We can insert it via psql correctly, but not via the JDBC driver. Also note, if we store something like {vdigits}, we have no problem.
Also, it works fine in Oracle 8.

The version of postgreSQL we are using is:
PostgreSQL 7.2.1 on i686-pc-cygwin, compiled by GCC 2.95.3-5
( we are also seeing the same problem in Linux ).

Sample Code

No file was uploaded with this report