Idle timeout

From: Varun Kacholia <varunk(at)cse(dot)iitb(dot)ac(dot)in>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Idle timeout
Date: 2002-06-19 21:14:40
Lists: pgsql-general

hi ,
I wanted to know is there any way to set up timeout for IDLE
connection in pgsql? I was connecting using JDBC and would like
to know if there is any way that the db disconnects me (w/o me
doing explicitly ) if i remain IDLE ..say for a minute.

Also is there a way to stop/kill a query which runs for more
than a minute or so...? cuz i have seen some queries churning my CPU
for two to five minutes and i do not at all want these .

--
------
Varun