Bug #692: corrupt rpms

From: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug #692: corrupt rpms
Date: 2002-06-14 09:43:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Chris (calls(at)magnum(dot)espresso(dot)org) reports a bug with a severity of 1

Short Description
corrupt rpms

Long Description
Your redhat-6.2 rpms for postgresql latest trashed my rpm database and corrupted it which was unfixable and now have no ability to utilize the use of rpm, which had been operating for 4+years on this box, i can't believe this, that a well utilized site as this does this poor job maintaining their files, thanks for the devastation. Even tryed going back to my version and was unfixable.

Sample Code
D: +++ 501 postgresql-7.0.3-2
D: adding "postgresql" to Name index.
D: adding 1126 entries to Basenames index.
D: adding "Applications/Databases" to Group index.
D: adding 25 entries to Requirename index.
D: adding 14 entries to Providename index.
Segmentation fault

error: cannot open Depends index using db1 - Invalid argument (22)
Preparing... memory alloc (2865462042 bytes) returned NULL.

No file was uploaded with this report