Patch for ResultSetMetaData.getColumnClassName(), ResultSet.getObject()

From: Jason Davies <jason(at)netspade(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Patch for ResultSetMetaData.getColumnClassName(), ResultSet.getObject()
Date: 2002-06-09 00:10:30
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

This patch handles Types.{SMALLINT,DATE,TIME,BINARY,VARBINARY,ARRAY} properly in ResultSetMetaData.getColumnClassName(int col). The default return value has been improved slightly too.

In the case of Types.{BINARY,VARBINARY} it should be a byte[] class name, but AFAIK no such thing exists therefore I used "java.lang.Object" instead.

Also I optimized just a couple of things in ResultSet.getObject: there's no need to create a new Boolean object every time and there's no need to use (short)getInt(...) since getShort(...) does the same thing :-)

Thank you,
--Jase

--
Jason Davies