Re: Slow connection

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slow connection
Date: 2002-06-07 19:38:55
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 02:38:27PM -0400, Jan Wieck wrote:
> Andrew Sullivan wrote:

> > expect you're holding a lock on data they're trying to read. Update
> > causes a very aggressive lock, for obvious reasons.
>
> In PostgreSQL that lock is not as aggressive as you might
> think.

Sorry, I knew that, abd just wasn't clear. I was assuming that
someone else must have been trying to write.

Hmm. Or maybe an RI trigger is getting fired? If someone is trying
to insert on a _related_ table you could get the holdups as well.

----
Andrew Sullivan 87 Mowat Avenue
Liberty RMS Toronto, Ontario Canada
<andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info> M6K 3E3