Re: Documentation in German??

From: Robert Klein <RoKlein(at)roklein(dot)de>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Documentation in German??
Date: 2002-06-03 22:41:45
Lists: pgsql-docs

> There are some German books on the way which will be published
> within the next few months.

Currently available is the book from Bruce and a book from Christian
Hartwig. Two further books will be available later this year:

a) PostgreSQL. Einfuehrung und Konzepte
Bruce Momijan
Addison-Wesley
ISBN: 3827318599
Price: EUR 44.95

b) PostgreSQL - professionell und praxisnah
Christian Hartwig
Addison-Wesley
ISBN: 3827318602
Price: 49.95

c) PostgreSQL
Cornelia Boenigk
dPunkt-Verlag
ISBN: 3898641759
Price: EUR 36

d) Datenbankprogrammierung in der Praxis. Fuer Access, MS SQL Server
und PostgreSQL
Andreas Herbolsheimer
Addison-Wesley
ISBN: 3827319455
Price: 44.95

Please note, the fourth book discusses several database systems...

> I haven't heard of a German translation of the online docs so far.
> I was thinking of doing it some time ago but I am afraid that I
> won't have the time for that.

mm, I tried to be involved in a german translation project.
Unfortunately I got rather busy about that time :(

I don't know if there are still efforts.

(Well, now that Bruce' book is available in German there's probably
not enough audience left.. I think Christian Hartwigs book is worth
an attempt as well.. Don't know about the others.)

Regards,
Robert