Small changes to facilitate Win32 port

From: Katherine Ward <kward6(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Small changes to facilitate Win32 port
Date: 2002-05-30 21:33:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi there. I'm yet another developer working full-time on a native windows
port. I'm also working closely with Jan Wieck (next office). I know there is
a reluctance to modify the code base to support native win32, and I realize
that no decision has yet been made. However, ...

A few of the identifier names used in postgres collide with WIN32 or MFC names.
To keep my working copy of the code as close to the released source as
possible, I do have some superficial changes that I would like to put in the
code base early:

1. Rename to avoid structures/functions with same name:
a. PROC => PGPROC
b. GetUserName() => GetUserNameFromId()
c. GetCurrentTime() => GetCurrentDateTime()

2. Add _P to the following lex/yacc tokens to avoid collisions
CONST, CHAR, DELETE, FLOAT, GROUP, IN, OUT

3. Rename two local macros
a. MEM_FREE => MEM_FREE_IT in backend/utils/hash/dynahash.c
b. IGNORE => IGNORE_TOK in include/utils/datetime.h &
backend/utils/adt/datetime.c

Thanks,
Katie Ward
kward6(at)yahoo(dot)com