Cannot build JDBC driver in 7.1.3.

From: Wei Wang <Wei(dot)Wang(at)cl(dot)cam(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Cannot build JDBC driver in 7.1.3.
Date: 2002-05-30 12:03:26
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I cannot build my JDBC driver.

I have installed pgsql 7.1.3 some time ago. I am trying to set up JDBC driver.
>From the documentation, I was told to ./configure --prefix xxx --with-java
But I couldn't remember whether I did that when I install pgsql. Is there any
way to check if it is included? (Well, at least my java program with
Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
returns "Unable to load Driver Class".

The docu also suggests to run make in /src/interfaces/jdbc. It returns:
buildfile ../../../build.xml -Dmajor=7 -Dminor=1 -Dfullversion=7.1.3 -Ddef_pgport=5432make: buildfile: Command not found
make: [all] Error 127 (ignored)

An answer to an earlier question in email achive suggests to do the
./configure --with-java first. But I think the second attempt should be
independent from the ./configure one, isn't it?

Any idea what could be the reason?

Wei