Re: Database Ownership

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Jillian Carroll" <jillian(at)koskie(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database Ownership
Date: 2002-05-29 23:12:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

Jillian,

> How can I change ownership of a db to another user once it's been created?

The best way, really, is to pg_dump the database, drop it, and re-create it
under the new user.

You can change the owner by hacking the pg_database and pg_class tables.
However, this is fraught with potential fatal errors, so I'm not going to
attempt to describe it.

--
-Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533