Re: Functions with dynamic queries

From: "Rajesh Kumar Mallah(dot)" <mallah(at)trade-india(dot)com>
To: Gabriel Dovalo Carril <dovalo(at)terra(dot)es>
Cc: Lista SQL de postgres <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Functions with dynamic queries
Date: 2002-05-24 11:53:17
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi Gabriel,

I am not very adept in using PLPGSQL.

Once I had tried to create a query dynamically and execute it
but did not work out (but i do not exactly remeber the problem).
but what i feel is using "EXECUTE" would be a overkill.

I think Jeff has almost solved your problem and with your little
coperation the problem can be sorted out.

If you still really need the solution desperately
i would apprecite if you could prepare an .sql file
which creates , the table and inserts some data relevent
to the SQL query into it , attach it and post to the list.

Regds
Mallah.

--
Rajesh Kumar Mallah,