Re: Redhat 7.3 time manipulation bug

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Ulrich Drepper <drepper(at)redhat(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Redhat 7.3 time manipulation bug
Date: 2002-05-23 14:20:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 10:58:15AM -0700, Ulrich Drepper wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 10:51, Lamar Owen wrote:
>
> > What isn't funny is Oliver Elphick's results on Debian, running glibc 2.2.5
> > (same as Red Hat 7.3's version).
>
> This is a completely different version. Once Debian updates (in a few
> years) they'll get the same result.

Ulrich, how shall I understand this? I'm pretty sure Oliver
does not use a Debian 2.2 system with glibc-2.1.3 but a pretty
up-to-date one. The glibc version in the soon to be released Woody
release is 2.2.5.

This seems to be the very same version that RedHat uses. So what
could/should Debian update? Besides, the "in a few years" comment looks
like FUD to me. It may be a few years since we talked the last time, but
I cannot imagine you changed that much that you spread FUD
nowadays. So I probably misunderstood this sentence, but nevertheless
would like to know what Debian should update.

Or do you mean that once Debian updates to glibc 2.3 (or whatever the
next release will be) it will show the same results? Does RedHat 7.3
already run on that new release? But then I would think they changed the
version number.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes