Future plans

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Hacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Future plans
Date: 2002-05-17 11:58:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

what do we have planned for the next release? In the TODO file there are
quite a lot of points but I don't like to talk about things we will
eventually do, but would like to present what we will implement for 7.3
resp. 8.0.

IMO the most important stuff seems to be:

- replication (which is listed as urgent anyway)
- alter table drop column (for which I get asked about once a week)
- recursive views (you know, I wanted to implement this when I started
my work on PostgreSQL, but never found the time)

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
Michael(at)Fam-Meskes(dot)De