Re: Postgres utils chewing RAM

From: postgres(at)vrane(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres utils chewing RAM
Date: 2002-04-29 05:51:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Just a general philosophical point. Why the heck
do you care about free memory? You are like someone
who bought a preformance car but drive it at 30 mph
maximum because you don't want to wear out the engine.

I would be very worried if there is some free memory.
It will mean OS is not doing its job of caching whatever
it is supposed to be caching.